Mosquito Control West Palm Beach
Being outdoors in South Florida is an irresistible draw, but mosquitos can detract from the pleasure of outdoor activities. Florida Environmental Pest Management has solutions, when you’re experiencing a problem much larger than an occasional swat at a mosquito. There are about 176 species of these abundant biting insects in the U.S., and many reside in Florida. Some carry dangerous diseases, such as West Nile virus. Over the past decade or so, protecting loved ones from mosquitos has become more important than ever. Deterrents such as screens and mosquito zappers are rarely adequate mosquito control West Palm Beach. For significant mosquito reduction and freedom to enjoy your yard, contact the experts at FEPM. Florida Environmental Pest Management offers many options to its’ customers for mosquito control, including organic mosquito control…so the choice is easy!
Florida Environmental Pest Management
“Where The Grass Is Always Greener”
Could be More than Just a Bug Bite
We care about our customers at FEPM, and we know that mosquito bites can be a much bigger health threat than causing an itchy welt. Bites sometimes result in the transmission of disease, and West Nile virus is the most common and dangerous in the U.S. The risk of getting a disease through a mosquito bite is low but it’s definitely a possibility. Symptoms caused by a mosquito bite include flu-like symptoms such as body aches, dizziness, and fever. The symptoms usually occur about two weeks after being bitten by a mosquito, and a doctor should be seen immediately. We are always happy to help South Florida homeowners get rid of mosquito infestations and potentially prevent illness and disease caused by mosquitos.
What Attracts Mosquitos?
Mosquitos are very predictable in some aspects. For instance, they feed at dawn and dusk, though some species feed throughout the day. You’re more likely to have problems, however, right about the time you light up the barbeque pit. Mosquitos zero in on specific targets, drawn by heat, smell, and other cues. Any amount of standing water on your property attracts mosquitos. FEPM can help with mosquito control West Palm Beach, but do-it-yourself steps are equally as important. Here are some tips for eliminating the moisture that attracts mosquitoes:
- Keep gutters on your home clean and clear of leaves and other debris.
- If there are any leaky faucets or hoses, fix them.
- Regularly change bird baths and flower pot drip trays.
- Get rid of anything in the yard that catches rainwater, such as buckets, old tires, and cans.
- Clear drainage areas of leaves and trash, so that water can flow away from your home and not pool up.
- Keep your grass cut short, so that adult mosquitoes are less likely to hide there. Trimming bushes and shrubs also cuts down on potential hiding places.
- If there are hollow holes in logs or tree stumps, water can collect and attract mosquitoes.
- Routinely change tarps over firewood and outdoor pools because mosquitos lay eggs in the creases.
- Keep air conditioning drip pans free of standing water.
- Always put lids on trash containers, to keep water out.
- Keep all screens on doors and windows well-maintained.
FEPM is the Best for Mosquito Control West Palm Beach
Florida Environmental Pest Management is the place to call, if you need help with mosquito control West Palm Beach. We are South Florida leaders in alleviating mosquito infestations, with a proven track record for helping homeowners better enjoy outdoor activities.